Orthopaedic Surgeon | Hip | Knee | Robotic Surgery
Dr Justin Munt is a highly regarded Orthopaedic Surgeon with a special interest in hip and knee replacement surgery and the management of soft tissue knee injuries.
As a Director of Adelaide Hip & Knee Centre, Dr Munt provides consulting services for patients in Adelaide and Strathalbyn as well as an on call orthopaedic trauma hotline service.
After completing his Orthopaedic training in Adelaide, Dr Munt undertook a fellowship based in Sydney focusing on the management of hip and knee arthritis as well as soft tissue injuries of the knee. His special interest lies in the area of hip and knee replacement surgery and arthroscopic management of knee ligament injuries; in particular anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction and more complex multi-ligamentous knee injuries. He also has extensive experience in managing fractures ranging from simple wrist and ankle injuries through to those requiring complex limb reconstructions.
Dr Munt is excited to be one of the first Orthopaedic Surgeons in South Australia to be trained and accredited to use the MAKO system for robotic joint replacement surgery which allows greater control during surgery. The use of this system has resulted in accurate implant positioning and fast recovery for his hip and knee replacement patients.
- Fellow of the Australian Orthopaedic Association
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Australian Medical Association
- Visiting Medical Specialist, Royal Adelaide Hospital
- Director Adelaide Hip & Knee Centre
Private Hospital Admitting Rights:
- Burnside Hospital
- Calvary Wakefield Hospital
- St Andrews Hospital
- North Eastern Community Hospital
Areas of special interest:
- Robotic hip and knee replacement
- Hip and knee revision replacement
- Soft tissue/sports knee injuries
- Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction
- Complex multi-ligamentous knee injuries
- Orthopaedic trauma
Dr Munt is happy to see Workcover and compensation 3rd party patients.
- Burnside Specialist Centre, Suite 3/120 Kensington Road, Toorak Gardens
- North Eastern Community Hospital, 580 Lower North East Road, Campbelltown
- Strathalbyn Hospital, 14 Alfred Place, Strathalbyn
Dr Munt is pleased to discuss challenging patients and accept direct referrals and welcomes your calls on (08) 7325 4840. Also should you require an urgent appointment for your patient this direct access will allow for the most prompt vetting of the referral.