Re: Patient Information:
Collection of Information:
It is necessary for surgeons and staff at AOTS – OrthoRobotics to collect personal information from patients to correctly asses and treat medical conditions. This includes but is not limited to, patient details, Medicare and health fund details, information from medical providers on clinical history, examination, investigation and surgical procedures.
Use of Information Collected:
Personal details such as phone numbers, email addresses and postal addresses will only be used for contacting patients and for the purpose for which they have provided it. Details will not be added to any mailing lists or used for any other purpose without the patients consent.
Information relating to patients medical history will only be used for diagnosis and treatment of patients conditions. In the interest of quality care information may be shared from time to time with other health care providers who make up a patients health care team.
Access and Correction of Information:
- Patients may request access to their personal information held by AOTS-OrthoRobotics
- Where necessary, they will be given the opportunity to amend any personal information held that is incorrect
- There are some circumstances in which access is restricted and, in these cases, reasons for denying access will be explained
- We request that patient’s wanting access to their medical records apply in writing and be able to provide proof of identity
- A charge may be payable in some cases to cover administration and photocopying costs
- AOTS-OrthoRobotics acknowledge the right of children to privacy of their health information
- Based on the professional judgement of the treating doctor and consistent with the law, it might at times be necessary to restrict access of parents or guardians to information
- Upon patients request, health information held by Adelaide Orthopaedic & Trauma Specialists will be made available to other health service providers
Google Analytics – Cookies:
Any complaints that a patient may have in regards to the handling of personal information should be in writing and directed to:
The Privacy Officer
Adelaide Orthopaedic & Trauma Specialists – OrthoRobotics
Suite 3, 120 Kensington Road
Toorak Gardens SA 5065
If you have any questions in relation to your privacy, please feel free to contact us on 08 7235 4800 between 9.00am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday.